Surveying and Drone Services
SHN has provided surveying services for over 35 years, and we are now also providing services related to use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), also known as "drones". In a quickly evolving field, SHN surveyors, pilots, and information technology staff are creating new methods of mapping, measurement, and visualization using drones and supporting data management systems.
SHN's drone program is different because our licensed pilots are professional licensed surveyors and geologists. We combine our expertise in mitigation monitoring, restoration planning, and large-scale earth and materials movement with drones and traditional surveying techniques. We use aerial imagery and video to engage the public and better describe projects. We have provided drone services to assist clients in these industries:
- Agriculture and aquaculture businesses
- Gravel extraction operations
- Energy generation and distribution facilities
- City and county public works departments
- Large engineering and development consulting firms
- State transportation departments
Traditional surveying services continue to be in demand. Our surveying experience covers a range of land uses, including residential, commercial, and industrial development; urban and rural roads, streets, and bridges; highways; subdivisions; water and wastewater treatment facility sites; private and public forest lands; public and private landfills; and wetlands, estuaries, and bays and rivers (bathymetric surveying).
The following is a partial list of SHN’s surveying services.
- Topographic mapping
- Aerial photography control
- Parcel maps and major subdivisions; easement preparation
- Property line surveys and adjustments; boundary surveying
- Records of Survey; legal descriptions
- ALTA land title surveys
- Bathymetric surveying
- Construction staking and surveying