SHN has provided environmental services for over 35 years, and we continue to find new, faster, and less expensive ways to remediate, limit, and prevent environmental impacts. For example:
- We obtain lead analyses in the field; real-time data acquisition allows immediate response, reduces cost, accelerates regulatory decisions, and can significantly shorten project duration.
- We determine which naturally occurring compounds can interfere or erroneously increase laboratory analyses for suites or families of compounds, such as Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons.
- Our certified Trainers of Record for stormwater quality prove our commitment to leadership, as we continue work in preventing water pollution through Clean Water Act regulations and permitting, and low impact design (LID) techniques (see Civil Engineering).
We have remediated contaminated sites using simple, creative, cost-effective technologies, such as passive remediation and monitored natural attenuation, as well as more complex methods such as chemical oxidation, ozone, and a variety of other technologies. We have closed investigations on more than 1,000 sites, including state and federal Brownfield sites. We enjoy a respectful relationship with regulatory agencies; our fastest project from investigation to closure required just 4 months.
SHN offers environmental services in these broad categories:
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
- Phase II and III assessments and remedial action
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans
- RCRA/CERCLA (Superfund) studies
- Remediation and Corrective Action Plans
- Hazardous Materials Business Plans
- Underground storage tanks (UST) and Aboveground Storage Tanks (AST) assistance
- EPA Brownfield studies
- Soil and groundwater sampling and monitoring