Currently Open Positions
SHN is in an exciting period of growth and change, which means we are continuously recruiting to fill positions in all of our services areas:
- Civil and Environmental Engineering--mid and senior level opening in Eureka now!
- Environmental Services
- Planning and Biology, and
Generally, we are looking for people with mid- to senior-level experience, but we offer a few internships every year too. Please contact us!
SHN is a small business with just over 100 employees, so you would be encouraged to be flexible and “wear many hats”—that’s one advantage of working in a small business! Your desire for project variability, cross-training, and continuing education is characteristic of SHN staff. We encourage and support professional development, and we periodically hold “SHN Academy” so you can learn the business side of providing professional services. All company shareholders are employees and approximately 30% of employees are shareholders; ready to go all in?
Our work and offices are located in communities that offer a variety of living styles, from urban downtown living to rural wide-open spaces. Working at SHN allows a standard of living and quality of life that cannot be found in major metropolitan areas. At SHN, you would be minutes from outdoor recreation like fishing, hiking, hunting, surfing, skiing, or kayaking. We recognize that time away from work is valuable and flexible working hours is a benefit we all enjoy.
Want to know more about us? Visit our Facebook page and click on the links for these specific open positions.
- Civil/Environmental Engineers, mid- and senior-level, mid- and senior-level, throughout our Northern California and Southern Oregon service areas
- Project Surveyor, mid- or senior-level, in Northern California
- Survey Party Chief in Northern California
- Environmental Planners, mid- and senior-level, in the California North State and North Coast regions
- Associate Planner, based in Arcata, CA with work covering the North State and North Coast regions